- Each student should carry the almanac to school with his/her photograph and identification information completed and signed by his/her parent.
- No student should damage any school furniture or write anything on the walls or furniture. Concerned student will be required to compensate for the damage.
- The school is not responsible for goods lost. It is not advisable to bring valuable articles to school. Kindly label all the belongings clearly.
- Parents and guardians shall not visit their wards or teachers in the classrooms, without permission of the authorities.
- Once a child has come to school, he/she will not to be allowed to go on a half day leave. In case of an emergency, parents will personally come and pick up their wards. No child will be allowed to go home with an unknown person.
- It is compulsory for every student from grade 3 onwards to speak in English in the school campus and also in the school bus.
- Mobile phones are not allowed during the regular school days, functions and excursions. In case students are found carrying a mobile phone, it will be confiscated for a period of one year from the date of confiscation.
- Good manners, habits of obedience and order, neatness in person and dress and punctuality are required at all times.
- During working hours, order and silence is to be maintained around the premises. Running, playing or shouting inside the school building is not allowed.
- Student will not be allowed to enter the school premises before 7:30 a.m. unless specified by the school authorities.
Attendance & Leave
- Attendance in school during term time is compulsory. Absence for more than three days after the school reopens will be called for strict disciplinary action.
- Students must be punctual for class lessons and school activities.
- Absence without valid reason will not be condoned.
- Medical certificate should be submitted to the class teacher.
- A letter from parent/guardian should be submitted to the class teacher in case of any kind of absence.
- A student suffering from contagious disease will not be permitted to attend school. He/ She can resume school on submitting a medical certificate after the quarantine period.
- No student should be absent for an examination or test except when prevented by reasons of health, in which case a medical certificate is to be submitted on the day the child resumes school.
Code of Conduct
Doonites are expected to have the right attitude towards learning and be disciplined. All Doonites are expected to know and apply five basic principles that will help them to achieve a high standard of personal discipline.
These principles are as follows:
Follow Rules :
Rules must be followed, otherwise chaos will reign.
Show Respect :
Doonites must respect themselves, their families, the school and the community.
Take Responsibility :
Doonites must bear responsibility for their own actions and be accountable. Doonites must know that any irresponsible act has consequences not only for themselves but also for others.
Build Relationships :
Doonites must build good relationships with family members, teachers, friends and other children. Good relationships help to bond people together and create mutual understanding and support.
Practice Reflection :
When mistakes (offences) are committed, Doonites must reflect and learn from them. They must be able to go through the process of self – reflection and learn not to repeat the same mistake or offence.
Regarding School Leaving Certificate : Written application must be given one month prior. Certificate will be issued only to the parent of the ward conditioned to the clearance of all fee dues.